domenica 26 febbraio 2012

NO TAV – A letter from Alessio- Italy


Alessio is one of the comrades arrested on 26th January following last summer’s clashes in Val Susa. He’s being held in the ‘Le Vallette’ prison in Turin.



10/02/2012



My letters are blocked. I’m being subjected to censorship (ex art. 18 ter), so my letters should be checked and eventually sent out. But this is not happening.

I started sending letters since my first day in prison on 24th January. On 10th February these letters are still being kept. These watch dogs think they can isolate an individual in this way. All those useless arrogant who run even a little bit of power believe that ideas, passion and desire for revolt can be put down once they lock up people. And the links of solidarity with those outside are slowed down.

I believe that even if I’m completely isolated I’ll never be alone.

I’m carrying the courage, determination and sacrifices of all the comrades who preceded me on the path of revolt inside me. I walked along their same steps and I’m determined to attack this existent of daily submission and humiliation with all my strength. In my life I’ve always gone where I thought I could oppose authority. I did this with my method, by building my complicities, and where I found none I’ve done by myself. I was lucky enough to travel a lot. I met many languages and different individuals along the road. But everywhere I encountered the same pain, exhaustion and harassment. A disgrace called State, an insult called Capital. Both are a spit at the face of individual’s dignity.

So I decided not to wait for the right time and numbers. I know that the best day to revolt is today, I know that an individual needs nothing else than the skills of his arms and the dignity of his ideas. So I practised direct action every time that my heart bit faster, every time by gazing into the eyes of the enemies of life, and I said to myself that this was not enough, it was still too little. And it is really like that, they haven’t paid anything yet. And even if one day they should start paying, it won’t ever be enough.

It is time that everyone’s passion exploded. Let’s look for men and women like us, let’s observe the enemy. And when we are ready, let’s go on the attack. In spite of the huge deployment of men, repressive means and technologies, still in this world there are people who will not surrender. Whatever the risk, whatever the price power is going to ask.

I had the privilege to meet men and women, who after 20 or 30 years in prison pulled up their sleeves and, a big smile on their faces, took back their combat place. They spent their life in the tempest always giving their precious contribution.

I hope you’ll understand from these lines my admiration and deep gratitude towards these individuals, these comrades.

And I won’t find peace until nothing is left of the institutions and the properties of the rich.

This existent must be subverted and the best way is to start to subvert it.



From the ‘Le Vallette’ prison

Alessio Del Sordo – Anarchist



--translate by b porco dio

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento