domenica 19 giugno 2011

en/es Resist to Exist


I am an anarchist.

I'm not the politically-correct hipster anarchist.

I am not the rhetorical anarchist either.

Reading dry accounts of the various factions of anarchism has never held much interest for me. I am an insurgent, an opposser. Why? Because I was born that way. When I was in kindergarten my teacher, Ms. Whirly, had a parent/teacher conference with my mom. I remember her saying something about me being a very bright young man but that I had serious problems with authority and one day it would get me in a lot of trouble. I do, and it did.

I came to find out that school doesn't want you to be a ‘bright young man'. Serious questioning is the enemy of primary and secondary schools' indoctrination of youth. While my grade school teachers prattled on and all the kids answered in unison, I sat at the back of the class reading about dinosaurs, mythology, and astronomy. It made me feel hopeful that places or times existed that were far from here… far from Iowa's Aryan education… times and places where humans weren't the center of the entire universe. Luckily my parents were far from conventional. My father was a half English, half Bohemian musician and my mom was a hot-tempered Puerto Rican that believed in the mystic powers of Earth, Animals, and Nature. My father's father died in World War II fighting the Nazis and he always has a serious contempt for government as a result. He was also devotedly atheist and very anti-racist.

One thing I always loved about both my parents is they never cared to conform to the uppity idiocy of their immediate surroundings and they also allowed me to formulate my own opinions. No one in our house went to church, I didn't have to get involved in little league or cub scouts or any of that. The only rule in our house was you learn to play an instrument. I chose drums. When I was 7-years old I learned “Cocaine” by Eric Clapton and the 50s hit “Johnny by Good.” Music proved to be the love of my life. Music and resistance.

By age 10, my parents divorced and I was in Denver Colorado with my mom. We lived in a duplex with my aunt, her boyfriend, my Gramma and Grampa, 3 cousins, and a steady parade of family friends. Talk about culture shock! In any case I became close with my cousin Eric. He was 5 years older than me and lived in the basement. Eric did whatever he wanted and was largely ignored. He was the kid downstairs. Everytime a teenager came over with spiked hair or tattoos it was a quick hello and then down to the basement. Of course my aunt and mom didn't want me to hang out down there. “Let the older kids be left alone” they would tell me but it was to no avail. The first time there was no adult supervision in the house, downstairs I went. It was the most amazing place my young eyes has ever beheld! On the old beat up record player was a band by the name of Dead Kennedys. It sounded like the Beach Boys on Ritalin! There was crazy banners and posters everywhere. Pentagrams, circle As, cryptic lettering. I was in love.

My cousin introduced me to his friends, all teenagers. But even though I was just a boy they didn't mind me at all. On that day I figured out that I was an anarchist. Within a couple years I was playing drums with my cousin and his friends and was officially part of the Denver hardcore/metal/punk underground. I'm happy to say that the core group of kids that was to me like family never seriously changed, 20 years later we are still all irrevocably anarchist. Of course outside of that solid 5 of us everyone else came and went. But for us it was not a phase, we found bedrock.

By the 8th grade I refused to go to school. Although I still love to read and learn it's a decision I never regretted. School for me felt like 8 hours a day of getting my soul murdered with boredom and chalkboards. I would much rather be skateboarding on private property or breaking things. But that was then and this is now. The only thing that's really changed for me was the sureness that only comes with life experience. Now in my mid-thirties I realize more than ever how much people and their governments suck. Systems of control everywhere you turn. Get married, have kids, buy a house, work for some evil corporation 'til you die, buy a car, buy a bigger car, watch t.v., get drunk, don't think, just consume. No thanks, I'd rather eat a shotgun. I'd rather have a boyfriend and a girlfriend than a wife. I don't have any kids cause most of ‘em I meet act like loud mouth little drunk people. Besides nits become lice.

I didn't buy a house cause it seems like a hassle and impossibility that the bank will ever let me own it. I have worked for some stupid places but in exchange or exploiting me for labor I stole everything I possibly could. So I broke even on that one. I didn't learn to drive 'til I was 25 and even then it was very infrequent. What can I say, I'd rather ride. I threw my t.v. in the trash years ago because I don't like plastic rectangles or squared with technicolour trying to indoctrinate me with the hive mentality of a 10 Watt human existence. I don't drink because alcohol turns people into slobbering, vomiting idiots! Honestly I don't know, it just comes natural to me. I think back to the duldrum of the classroom or the evil of the slaughterhouses I've worked in and I'm reminded that things are not okay. I see Christian scumbags peddle their sanctimonious trite to the peoples of the world as if it were ‘the good news' and I'm reminded that many people have shit for brains. I see the country of by birth wave its red, white, and blue murder rag as if it stood for more than anything short of genocide and used cars!

Then I look at the shackles on my own feet. The cuffs and black box digging into my wrists and the dinky confinements I'm kept in and I am reminded that cops, feds, jailers, judges, deputies, correctional officers and all their ilk are the agents of repression, the haters of true freedom, the enemies of social justice! The betrayers of the Earth, Animals and all life!

How can I remain defiant?

How can you remain complacent?!

I guess that's just what's in your nature. It's a shame though, really it is. I won't pretend I understand or even empathize, cause that would be a lie. I'm a wild animal myself and domestic breeds are largely a waste of my time. It's a fact that this domesticated world hates the wild and free and it's also true that many sheep like to run around in wolves clothing writing their little books admonishing people about the evils of civilization. Trying to motivate others to dismantle what they're too cowardly to themselves.

Everyone likes to talk big, write big, and pose like they're for real.

So few are, so don't believe the hype.

And don't believe anyone that can't back up their talk. You'll know a wolf by their teeth, not their howl. And I'm proud of that. All the traps and trials I face are worth it. All the persecutions and oppressions of my person, I won't run from them. If I could go back to April 30th, 2010 and reconsider the arson that I'm now sitting in prison for, I wouldn't change a thing.

Life is meant to be free. Not murdered, skinned and tanned then sold and perpetuated for profit. Life is meant to be defended, not subjugated.

This sick and twisted human supremacist culture does not dictate what's right and wrong. Not for me, not ever. Western civilization has rivers of blood on it's hands, I don't. A good Christian-American patriot is partaking in one of the worst cultures and traditions of genocide in the history of the world! The only real crime of groups like the Black Panthers, American Indian Movement, and Animal Liberation Front are challenging state sanctioned authority or having the courage to fight fire with fire. The only faith I have is that it won't last forever. Oppression and power-madness sooner or later will implode.

Contrary to the capitalist or industrialized worldview, we live on a finite planet. We can only bleed the Earth so far before even our technology will not allow billions of people to breed endless minions of ever-fatter, ever lazier, and ever-degenerated generations. My faith is that one day the Earth will flood and burn the human parasite off it's back and if I have the great good fortune to witness even the beginning of that process. I will gleefully go down with the ship, laughing all the way. And honestly why should it be otherwise? You get out of things what you put in. So it should come as no surprise that when you build huge mechanized “civilizations” off of the blood and bones of suffering and murdered animals and the decimation of the natural world, that at the end of the day you will reap what you sow. How hard is it to comprehend that a fair and equitable society will never come from the rape, murder, and theft of its indigenous population, or the slavery and displacement of a race. As surely as 2 + 2 = 4, oppression + murder = self-destruction, whether by violent revolution or moral degradation.

Do I seem negative in my world view?

Do I come off as apocalyptic?

Perhaps. But I think I'm just being a realist. I fight for a moral, peaceful, and just world. That's been what I've sacrificed much of my time, energy, and now my freedom for. But I do so because I'm optimistic. If humanity were on trial, the overwhelming evidence in the case would point to cruelty, subjugation, and greed. And on the other side would be a handful of actual freedom fighters whose caring and courageous stands throughout history get immediately co-opted by sign holders, petition signers and a bunch of feel good faddists.

Only now am I starting to truly see the writing on the wall, only now am I realizing how intuitive me and my friends were as little punk rock kids. The angst and passion we had is what makes real changes. The only reason it ever even fades is because we let it. So many people write off extremism as inherently flawed, but is it? A very real case could be made for extremism in the cause of liberation. It's those that don't compromise that the rest hold their comparisons up to. And it's the militant that keep things on target when the others get distracted and forget their movements, their causes. How short sighted the compromises are, how forgetful of the acute wrongs are the welfarists and fair-weather activists. And in their lukewarm ideology they create forgetful movements of paper pushers and people pleasers. But its not an endless cycle that can rise and wane. It is a finite world as I said. And sooner or later we will reach the end of the line.

Greed and apathy will become played out to their inevitable end.

So now I sit in my prison cell and read about dinosaurs, mythology, and astronomy and I remain hopeful that not only have there been times and places free from menacing human hands but that, one way or the bloody other, there will be again.

Total liberation, whatever it may take!

Write Walter support letters at:

Davis County Jail
Walter Bond 2011-03339
PO Box 130
Farmington UT 84025-0130

http://www.supportwalter.org/


Resistir para existir, por Walter Bond.

Soy anarquista.

No soy el típico moderno políticamente correcto anarquista.

Tampoco soy un anarquista retórico.

Leer kilos de información sobre las diferentes facciones del anarquismo nunca me ha interesado demasiado. Soy un insurgente, un opositor. ¿Por qué? Porque nací así. Cuando estaba en educación infantil, mi profesora Ms. Whirly habló con mi madre. Recuerdo que le dijo algo sobre que yo era un jovencito brillante pero que tenía serios problemas con la autoridad y que eso podría traerme problemas algún día. Así fue.

Me di cuenta de que en la escuela no quieren que seas un “jovencito brillante”. El cuestionamiento es el enemigo de las escuelas de primaria y secundaria, donde adoctrinan a la juventud. Mientras mis profesores hacían preguntas y toda la clase respondía al unísono, yo me sentaba al final de la clase y leía sobre dinosaurios, mitología y astronomía. Me daba esperanzas pensar en tiempos y lugares pasados que existieron lejos de aquí… lejos de la educación aria de Iowa… tiempos y lugares donde los humanos no eran el centro de todo el universo. Afortunadamente mis padres no eran para nada convencionales. Mi padre era mitad inglés, mitas músico bohemio y mi madre era una puertorriqueña de sangre caliente que creía en los poderes místicos de la tierra, los animales y la naturaleza. Mi abuelo por parte de padre murió en la segunda guerra mundial luchando contra los nazis y mi padre siempre fue reticente de los gobiernos desde aquello. También era ateo y muy anti racista.

Algo que siempre me encantó de mis padres es que nunca se conformaron con la idiotez que les rodeaba y que siempre me permitieron formular mis propias opiniones. Nadie en casa iba a la iglesia, y no me hacían ir a los boy scouts ni nada de eso. La única regla en nuestra casa era que aprendieses a tocar un instrumento. Yo elegí la batería. Cuando tenía 7 años aprendí a tocar “Cocaine” de Eric Clapton y el éxito de los 50 “Johnny be good”. La música se convirtió en el amor de mi vida. La música y la resistencia.

Cuando tenía 10 años, mis padres se divorciaron y yo me quedé con mi madre en Denver, Colorado. Vivíamos en un dúplex, con mi tía, su novio, mis abuelos, tres primos, y un desfile constante de amigos de la familia. ¡Todo un shock cultural! En cualquier caso, estreché lazos con mi primo Eric. Él era cinco años mayor que yo y vivía en el sótano. Eric hacía lo que quería y estaba a su aire. Cada vez que venía un chico con los pelos de punta o con tatuajes, saludaba tímidamente y se bajaba al sótano con Eric. Por supuesto mi madre y mi tía no querían que yo bajase allí con ellos. “Deja a los chicos más mayores solos”, solían decirme, aunque no servía de mucho.

La primera ocasión en la que me quedé sin supervisión de un adulto aproveché para bajar las escaleras. Era el sitio más increíble que mis jóvenes ojos habían visto nunca. Sonando en el tocadiscos estaban los Dead Kennedys. Sonaban como los Beach Boys pero a toda pastilla. Había posters y cosas loquísimas colgadas por todas partes. Pentagramas, el símbolo de la A circulada, escritos crípticos… estaba enamorado.

Mi primo me presentó a sus amigos, todos adolescentes. Aunque yo sólo era un niño a ellos no les importaba. Ese día me dije que yo era un anarquista. Un par de años después estaba tocando la batería con mi primo y sus amigos y era parte de la escena underground hardcore/metal/punk de Denver. Me enorgullece decir que de aquel grupo de chicos, que para mí eran como mi familia, todos seguimos considerándonos anarquistas 20 años después. Claro que dentro del grupo siempre hubo gente entrando y saliendo, pero para nosotros, el núcleo sólido de los cinco amigos aquello no era una fase, era nuestra vida.

Me negué a ir a la escuela en octavo curso. Aunque me sigue encantando leer y aprender, es una decisión de la que nunca me he arrepentido. Para mí la escuela era como si asesinasen mi alma durante 8 horas de aburrimiento. Prefería estar con mi monopatín, patinando en propiedades privadas o rompiendo cosas. Pero aquello era el pasado, y ahora es el presente. La única cosa que para mí ha cambiado es la seguridad que da la experiencia de la vida. Ahora, con treinta y pico de años, me doy cuenta más que nunca de cómo apesta la gente y su gobierno. Sistemas de control vayas donde vayas. Cásate, ten hijos, compra una casa, trabaja para alguna empresa corrupta hasta que mueras, compra un coche, compra un coche más grande, mira la televisión, emborráchate, no pienses, solo consume. No gracias, antes me pego un tiro. Prefiero tener un novio y una novia antes que una esposa. No tendré hijos porque la mayoría de los que conozco se comportan como si fuesen personas pequeñitas borrachas. Además, las liendres se convierten en piojos…

No me compré una casa porque era imposible que el banco jamás dejase que fuese mía. He trabajado en algunos sitios de mierda pero a cambio de su explotación yo les robaba todo lo que podía. No aprendía a conducir hasta que tuve 25 años, y aun así lo hacía de manera muy poco frecuente. ¿Qué quieren? Prefiero andar. Tiré mi tele a la basura hace años porque no me gustan los rectángulos de plástico o toda esa mierda en tecnicolor intentando adoctrinarme con esa mentalidad de colmena de la humanidad de 10 vatios. No bebo porque el alcohol convierte a la gente en idiotas babosos y vomitones. Sinceramente, no sé, es natural para mí. Pienso en el coñazo de las clases o en los horribles mataderos en los que trabajé y me recuerda que las cosas no van bien. Veo a putos cristianos vendiendo sus trillados sermones mojigatos a la gente como si fuesen “buenas noticias” y me recuerda que mucha gente tiene mierda por cerebro. Veo mi país de nacimiento y me doy cuenta de que detrás de ese trapo azul, blanco y rojo que nos representa genocidio y coches usados.

Entonces me miro a los tobillos y veo las esposas, también en mis muñecas. Y miro los sitios de mierda a los que me confinan y me recuerda que los policías, los federales, los carceleros, los jueces, los diputados, los oficiales del correccional y todos los de su calaña son los agentes de la represión, los que odian la verdadera libertad, los enemigos de la justicia social. Los traidores a la tierra, los animales y a toda la vida.

¿Qué cómo puedo permanecer desafiante?

¿Cómo puedes tú seguir siendo complaciente?

Supongo que es tu naturaleza. Aunque sea una pena es así. No voy a decir que lo entiendo, o que empatizo, porque sería mentira. Soy un animal salvaje y las razas domésticas son un gasto de tiempo para mí. Es un hecho que este mundo domesticado odia lo salvaje y los libre y también es verdad que a muchas ovejas les gusta ir por ahí disfrazadas de lobos, escribiendo sus libritos sobre los males de la civilización. Tratando de motivar a otros a hacer lo que ellos son demasiado cobardes para hacer por sí mismos.

A todo el mundo le gusta hablar mucho, y posar como si fuese muy real.

Pero para muy pocos es real, así que no te emociones.

Y no creas a nadie que no puede llevar a cabo sus palabras. Conocerán a los lobos por sus dientes, no por sus aullidos. Y estoy orgulloso de eso. Todas las trampas y los juicios a los que me enfrento merecen la pena. No voy a huir de las persecuciones y la opresión contra mi persona. Si pudiese volver atrás, a ese 30 de Abril del 2011 y me diesen la posibilidad de reconsiderar el incendio por el que ahora estoy aquí sentado, no cambiaría absolutamente nada.

Se supone que la vida es para vivirla en libertad. No para que te asesinen, te arranquen la piel, la curtan y luego la vendan para perpetuar el beneficio. Se supone que la vida ha de ser defendida, no subyugada.

Esta enferma y depravada cultura de la supremacía humana no dicta lo que está bien y lo que está mal. No al menos para mí. La civilización occidental tiene las manos manchadas con ríos de sangre, yo no. Los buenos americanos cristianos y patriotas están viviendo en una de las peores y más genocidas culturas de la historia del mundo. El único crimen real de grupos como los Panteras Negras, el Movimiento Indio Americano y el Frente de Liberación Animal es desafiar la autoridad del Estado y tener el coraje de combatir al fuego con el fuego. La única fe que tengo es que esto no durará para siempre. La opresión y la locura por el poder tarde o temprano implosionará.

Contrariamente a la visión capitalista o industrializada, vivimos en un planeta finito. Solo podemos sangrar a la tierra hasta que nuestra tecnología no nos permita alimentar a más y más millones de generaciones más gordas, más vagas y más degeneradas. Mi fe es que algún día la tierra ahogará y quemará a los parásitos humanos, y espero tener la gran fortuna de ver al menos el comienzo del proceso. Yo me hundiré con el barco, pero lo haré riéndome. Y honestamente, ¿podría ser de otra manera? Recoges lo que siembras. Así que no sería una sorpresa que si construyes enormes “civilizaciones” mecanizadas sobre la sangre y los restos mortales de animales asesinados y la destrucción del mundo natural, al final coseches lo que has sembrado. No es tan difícil de entender que una auténtica sociedad equitativa nunca se construirá a base de violación, asesinato y robo a las poblaciones indígenas, o de la esclavitud y el desplazamiento a causa de la raza. Tan seguro como que 2+2 son 4, la opresión junto con el asesinato da como resultado la auto destrucción, sea mediante la revolución violenta o mediante la degradación moral.

¿Les parece que mi visión del mundo es negativa?

¿Parezco apocalíptico?

Quizá. Pero creo que sólo estoy siendo realista. Lucho por un mundo moral y pacífico. Y eso es por lo que he sacrificado la mayoría de mi tiempo, energía, y ahora mi libertad. Pero lo he hecho porque soy optimista. Si la humanidad fuese a juicio, el torrente de pruebas la llevarían a ser condenada de crueldad, subyugación y avaricia. Y por otro lado habría un montón de luchadores por la libertad actuales, cuyos encorajinados principios serían cooptados por reformistas.

Sólo ahora es cuando empiezo a comprender realmente el mensaje, sólo ahora me doy cuenta de lo intuitivos que éramos mis amigos y yo como un grupo de jóvenes punk rockers. La angustia y la pasión que teníamos es lo que crea cambios reales. La única razón para que esto se diluya es porque dejemos que se diluya. Mucha gente dice que el extremismo es inherentemente defectuoso pero ¿lo es en realidad? Se podría dar un caso muy real de extremismo en la causa de la liberación.Y son los militantes los que hacen que algunas cosas sigan siendo un objetivo cuando el resto se distrae y olvida su movimiento, su causa. Qué corto de vista es el compromiso, que pronto se olvidan de los graves errores los bienestaristas y los reformistas. Y en su tibia ideología crean movimientos olvidadizos de reparte panfletos y de activistas preocupados por no molestar a la gente. Pero esto no es un ciclo interminable que puede subir y bajar. Este es un mundo finito, como ya he dicho. Y antes o después llegaremos al final de la línea.

La avaricia y la apatía llegarán a su inevitable final.

Y ahora estoy sentado en mi celda y leo sobre dinosaurios, mitología y astronomía y sigo con la esperanza de que no sólo ha habido tiempos y lugares libres de la amenaza de los humanos, si no que, de una manera o la otra, los volverá a haber.

Liberación total, cueste lo que cueste.

Fuente: http://lacizallaacrata.nuevaradio.org

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento