domenica 27 febbraio 2011

Prison poem scratched in polystyrene cup (UK)



Here is a prison poem that was written by Stan Skank after he got arrested for some bullshit in London on one of the recent demos. Stan scratched this into a polystyrene cup (UK detention is pretty sparse), but how he managed to write all this on one is beyond us. Anyway, Stan bothered to send it to us, so here it is for you lot:

Here I sit in another nick, for another crime I did not commit,
Another profile, another trial
They don’t give an inch but always leap a mile,
All this attention when I don’t wanna be admired,
I’m gettin’ sick and tired of being sick an tired

I just wanna be left alone, For a quiet life and to build a home,
But the government always wanna check up on me,
There’s no freedom without anarchy,
Capitalism is a public hell,
And if you try to make a change pigs stick you in a cell.

My caged mind wanders,
Wonder how long they’ll hold us,
But like a blizzard in a snow globe our prisons can’t contain us
Each unique but unified flake
Ready for an outbreak, with the power of an earth quake,
We won’t wipe but crack the slate,
Innumerable droplets from a tsunami
An uncontrollable tide to wash away the tyranny.

They’ll call it a disaster but I say it’s natural,
What you call a riot to me looks like a battle.

Forces meet and sabres rattle,
Flank us in a pincer then stick on the kettle,
If you increase the pressure we’ll boil over you just watch us,
We’ll scald the hand that feeds and the other which oppresses.

We’re the freedom fighters, we’re urban guerrillas,
You may strike us down, but you’ll never fucking kill us.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento