lunedì 13 giugno 2011

Health Report - Leonard Peltier


As you know, in March, Leonard was allowed a biopsy to rule out prostate cancer. After a very long wait, for a test that should have yielded results within only a day or two, Leonard has finally been officially notified that he does not have cancer. This is reason for celebration, but we caution you about being overly optimistic about Leonard's health. His symptoms persist and new tests have been conducted. A diagnosis is long overdue for symptoms that presented so very long ago. Urologic disorders which can mimic prostate cancer also can be very serious indeed -- even leading to kidney failure. With Leonard's severe diabetes as a complicating factor, we should all continue to be very concerned about his wellbeing and overall quality of medical care. Please continue writing and calling the Bureau of Prisons to demand Leonard's transfer. For details and contact information, please see: http://www.whoisleonardpeltier.info /alert.htm.

A Message from Leonard

As you know, I was denied parole in 2009. The decision was not surprising, but disappointing. In the coming months, my attorneys will go into court to challenge the Parole Commission's decision and the constitutional violations involved with the 2009 hearing.

New legal strategies also are being considered. I see no reason to satisfy the government by discontinuing to file legal briefs.

In the coming months, my Defense Committee in Fargo will issue alerts and provide information about how you can best help. I ask that you pay particular attention to what is asked of you. I know, together with my Defense Committee, you will continue to work hard on my behalf as you have always done. I ask you to concentrate on the Bureau of Prisons in Washington, DC. My transfer to a facility closer to home where I can receive quality health care is a must. Concentrate also on the U.S. Congress. For years, we have pushed for a full congressional investigation into the illegal tactics used by the FBI to bring about my conviction. As always, please continue to pressure the White House for my release. In the U.S., I urge supporters to remember your First Amendment rights. Speak up and speak out. Do what you can to prevent the government from being the sole custodian of the official version of the truth.

As you may be aware, this is going to be a long, hard struggle. And a costly one. In addition to the legal work, we still have much to do to educate the public and even Members of Congress. Through the years, it has been a struggle in itself to keep the Defense Committee office open. I know many people are struggling in these difficult times. But, my friends, donations are still needed. Please know that your donation, no matter how small, counts. Every penny allows the fight for my freedom to continue and is very appreciated.

Through the dedication of my staff and supporters, I know we'll succeed. I look forward to spending my "free time" (smile) with all of you.

Doksha,

Leonard Peltier

LP-DOC - PO Box 7488 - Fargo, ND 58106
Phone: 701/235-2206; Fax:701/235-5045

contact@whoisleonardpeltier.info

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento